About Norfolk Area Big Give:
Norfolk Area Big Give is a 24-hour period of giving where Norfolk area supporters are invited to give back to their favorite local charities and educate themselves on other non-profits in our community.
The goal of this community-wide giving event is to match Norfolk area supporters' passions and generosity with local nonprofit organizations already doing great work. Though community members are aware of the efforts of several non-profits in the area, there is much work that goes unnoticed.
Through the combined participation of all Philanthropy Council collaborative partners, it is our goal to further educate community members on the robust non-profit sector we have here in the Norfolk area and give them an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of our beloved community.
Norfolk Area Big Give will run from midnight to midnight on Tuesday, May 22nd.
If any of you, an area non-profit, or a business are interested in learning more, please talk to any of our Philanthropy Council collaborative partners or visit our website at philanthropycouncilne.org.
About the Philanthropy Council of Northeast Nebraska:
The Philanthropy Council was established in 2010 with a mission to create a culture of giving in northeast Nebraska. We are comprised of collaborative partners from area non-profit organizations who come together to share resources and support the mission to create a culture of giving.
Our purpose is to:
- Create a culture of giving.
- Provide foundation directors and other area non-profit staff, volunteers and board members with an opportunity to meet on a regular basis to discuss issues, share information, and partner to raise awareness on giving opportunities in our communities.
- Focus on educating area residents on ways in which they can give something back to their favorite non-profits through coordinated events, informational sessions, and mailings.
- Encourage best practices among area non-profits.
- Maximize member organizations' resources.
- Coordinate volunteers through information sharing, education and partnerships.
- Reduce duplication of efforts in the community and maximize results.
- Share resources and jointly produce events and marketing materials that provide information about area non-profits and giving back.
Find out more about the becoming a collaborative partner organization and view our application.
Philanthropy Council of Northeast Nebraska Officers: June 2016 – June 2017
Chair – Jake Claussen, Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
Secretary and Marketing Chair – Sam Wolfe, Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
Treasurer – Linda Olson, Bright Horizons
Youth Philanthropy Contest Chair – Kristi Carmichael, First Christian Church
Awards Committee Chair – Jake Claussen, Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
Event Planning and Big Give Chair – Sydney Hurley, Animal Shelter of Northeast Nebraska
Big Give Committee:
Sydney Hurley, Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
Anders Olson, Norfolk Area Community Foundation Fund
Jake Claussen, Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
Luke Korth, First National Bank
Shannon Pestal, Midwest Bank
Sarah Wantoch, Daycos
Linda Olson, Bright Horizons
Jazmin Goeden, Northeast Community College
Leisa Pieper, Sacred Heart/Norfolk Catholic Schools
Samantha Wolfe, Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
The Philanthropy Council of Northeast Nebraska is an account of the Norfolk Area Community Foundation Fund, which is an affiliated fund of the Nebraska Community Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization.